When shopping for a new water heater, you may want to consider going tankless this time around. As opposed to a traditional gas or electric heater that stores heated water in a massive reservoir, tankless heaters heat water on demand through the use of specialized heating coils. While these units have a higher up front cost, choosing a tankless heater can prove to be a beneficial investment in the long run.
Tankless heaters have increased in popularity for the following reasons:
1. Unlimited hot water: Since tankless heaters heat water as needed, you will never run out of hot water. No more scheduling bathing times!
2. Compact design: Tankless heaters are much smaller than traditional tank heaters and will occupy less space in your home.
3. Tax rebates: Due to their eco-friendly nature, a majority of tankless heaters come with a $300 tax rebate.
4. High-efficiency: Unlike traditional units that need to continuously burn fuel to maintain a constant temperature, tankless unit will only use as much electricity needed to heat the amount of water necessary at any moment. This can allow you to decrease your monthly electric bill by as much as 20 percent!
5. No floods: Since these units do not store water, the risk of having a leak or flood is much less than that of a traditional heater.
6. Longer lasting: A tankless model can last up to 10 years longer than a traditional tank heater.
It is important to note, however, that these units are not without their share of drawbacks. Installing these devices can be tricky, as many homes are pre-equipped for traditional water heaters. Additionally, since these devices rely on electricity to function, hot water will not be available in the event of a power outage.
Let Plumbing Solutions, LLC Install Your New Water Heater
At Plumbing Solutions, LLC, our Columbia plumbers know water heaters inside and out and can help you find a plumbing solution that best fits you and your family’s needs. With 24/7 emergency plumbing services always at the ready, our highly trained technicians can install, maintain, and replace your water heater with ease.
Schedule a service or repair online or call us today at (803) 618-4163!