The Garbage Disposal System
The garbage disposal unit is one of the most frequently used appliances in the kitchen. The system can break down due to several reasons; for example, when destructive objects fall into the system unknowingly and as a result of aging.
The Top 10 Reasons Why you Need to Install a Garbage Disposal:
1. Convenience: During cooking or food preparation, it takes only a few seconds to drain away scraps and other food wastes through the garbage disposal drain.
2. Eliminates smell and keeps the kitchen clean: the garbage disposal system works by grinding and flushing left over foods through the pipes. This process hastens the kitchen cleaning process, which in turn eliminates foul smell.
3. Keeps rodents at bay: making use of the garbage disposal at home is a great way to control rodents, since there won’t be any food wastes that would attract rodents.
4. Green alternative: installing a garbage disposal in an apartment home can act as a great alternative to living a greener lifestyle. This is important because the recycling unit will prevent the piling of decomposing food pieces around the house.
5. Protects plumbing systems: a well installed garbage disposal system will also eliminate clogs from the plumbing system. This can go a long way in protecting the plumbing system, while saving you money. A plumbing professional can help you chose the best garbage disposal system to installed in your kitchen.
6. Low operating cost: a garbage disposal is very cheap to operate and maintain, since it uses only about 1% of your household water. The unit also costs between $80 and $180.
7. Easy to replace: the garbage disposal unit is very easy to replace. A newly installed garbage disposal unit should operate more efficiently and quietly compared to an older system.
8. Minimizes leaks: installing a garbage disposal system will minimize the problem of having serious leakages as a result of clogged pipes.
9. Food waste management: installing a garbage disposal system will eliminate the need to keep waste food in a trash can or bag. This eliminates excess trash at home.
10. Environment Friendly: the wastes that go through the garbage disposal plumbing lines are normally rerouted to the sewer system, where it is treated at the water plant. On the other hand, food scraps that are thrown into the landfill often decompose to create harmful compounds such as methane gas.
Smelling a stink in the sink in your Columbia home? That means you need a garbage disposal, just Call Plumbing Solutions LLC at (803) 513-5749,
and have an expert install one today!