Your bathroom goes through quite a bit of daily use and abuse. However, it’s frequently forgotten when it comes to home improvement projects.
If your bathroom hasn’t seen an upgrade since the last presidential administration, it’s time to get going on a remodel.
Will a Bathroom Remodel Increase the Value of my Home?
Generally speaking, the cost of bathroom remodels go back into the value of your home. This means that, depending on the specifics of your property, if you spend $10,000 on a bathroom remodel, the value of your home will increase roughly the same amount.
Of course, there are some mitigating factors. First, homeowners generally don’t get their money back on jetted tubs. Second, your property will only increase so much over comparable homes. This is especially true if your home is already the most expensive in the neighborhood.
Finally, your remodel will need to be desirable to potential home buyers. If your project creates a bathroom other people find awkward or strange, it could work against you.
What are 10 Upgrades That Will Make my Bathroom Look and Feel Better?
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel, then you won’t want to miss out on these 10 common upgrades. They can totally transform your bathroom into a dream oasis.
- Ditch your old toilet for a low-flow model.
- Put a frame around your vanity mirror.
- Cut your utility bill with a water saving shower head.
- Swap your tub/shower combo for a walk-in shower.
- Install a heated floor to banish cold toes.
- Put in stronger bathroom fan to prevent mold growth.
- Add shelving to give you more storage space.
- Get a custom made vanity that fits your space perfectly.
- Line the walls with bead board.
- Install touch-activated bathroom faucets for ultimate convenience.
Is it Really that Important to Remodel my Bathroom to Save Water?
Water is getting harder to come by. After all, droughts are setting new records, aquifers are drying up, and the energy required to treat water is getting more expensive.
Not too long ago, homeowners complained that low-flow toilets, shower heads, and faucets just didn’t match up to traditional units.
However, technology has improved greatly in just the last few years. Now, water saving toilets and fixtures outperform their wasteful counterparts.
Let our team help you design the bathroom of your dreams. Call Plumbing Solutions LLC at (803) 513-5749 for exceptional service in the Columbia area.